|Caption:||Gothic rib vault|
- Architecture is the art and technique of designing and building. It is both the process and the product of planning, designing and constructing buildings and other physical structures.
- The term architecture can be used to describe:
- - Buildings and physical structures,
- - The art and science of the designing process of these buildings,
- - The style of design and the method of construction of buildings and physical structures,
- - The profession of the architect in the sense that architects offer services in designing and constructing buildings.
- Architecture may overlap with civil engineering, and architects and civil engineers often work together.
- Architectural works in the form of buildings can be regarded as cultural symbols and as works of art. Historical civilizations are frequently identified with their architectural achievements.
Pages under the topic Humanities