Cosmos Times:Earth Environment
- All pages in The Cosmos Times
This page is part of an archive of articles that were published in The Cosmos Times.
The Cosmos Times provides news concerning the entire cosmos.
Research the facts and keep working on your opinion.
News in The Cosmos Times is selected for the following topics:
- News from the entire cosmos, which means the entire earth and the cosmos beyond it, and also the spirit world.
- News from religions and spiritual movements.
- Central world news for topics such as: Politics, economics, culture & art, science & technology, philosophy, history, culture.
- News concerning developments of native tribes, new communities and new nations trying to achieve autonomy.
There is a Facebook page The Cosmos Times.
As elephants go, so go the trees — Nov 18, 2014
Overhunting has been disastrous for elephants, but their forest habitats have also been caught in the crossfire. A first-of-its-kind study shows that the dramatic loss of elephants, which disperse seeds after eating vegetation, is leading to the local extinction of a dominant tree species, with likely cascading effects for other forest life.
Life in Earth’s primordial sea was starved for sulfate — Nov 7 2014
Earth's ancient oceans held much lower concentrations of sulfate -- a key biological nutrient -- than previously recognized, according to research published this week in Science. The findings paint a new portrait of our planet's early biosphere and primitive marine life. Organisms require sulfur as a nutrient, and it plays a central role in regulating atmospheric chemistry and global climate.
- As elephants go, so go the trees — University of Florida | ScienceDaily | Nov 18, 2014
- Life in Earth’s primordial sea was starved for sulfate — University of Faculty of Science British Columbia | ScienceDaily | Nov 7, 2014