Research page:Gardening Seminar:Start your own garden
- On this page i am preparing the materials for the Gardening Seminar:Start your own garden - John Eagles
Working on the structure of the seminar
- (Notes to myself, JE)
- Make a logical structure for the seminar, from start to end, divide in sections.
- Write new texts to introduce each new section.
- Refer to already existing pages about gardening topics for further study of a section.
- Don't forget to include podcasts, already existing or new-to-be-made.
- Find external content, older gardening books, videos, images etc.
- How to promote on Facebook?
- Organize to allow comments by students and readers. For this, comments on ERW/FB should be enabled. C & Y are working on this.
Sections of the seminar
- Still preliminary
What is a garden Designing your garden Some science for the gardener (photosynthesis, fertilizers, pH, nitrogen cycle) Garden tools Preparing the soil
- Good crops for the beginning gardener
- Your own garden calendar
- The greenhouse
- Storing and organizing your seeds
- Fertilizing the soil
- Sowing and planting
- Soil management
- Crop rotation
- Harvesting crops
- Conserving your harvest
Structure of each section
- Make a separate page for each section so comments can be added just for that section.
- Introductory text
- Further reading
- What you should remember
- Optional: images, videos, podcasts -- internal (on ERW) and/or external (elsewhere on the web)
Pages and topics on ERW that relate to this seminar
New fragments, possibly to be included in the seminar
- Coming soon