- This is section 1 of the Seminar Faith. Comments or questions are appreciated. You can also write to John Eagles.
The core of our existence
Is the faith we have in God
Provides with our subsistence
Strengthens with a rod.
My faith, your faith, this is not firstly something important to you or me. Our faith is firstly important to God.
Faith, original faith, true faith, always means faith in God. God created this universe with the most beautiful ideals and the highest expectations. God's expectations are in God's children. God's expectations are in you and me. God's confidence and trust are in you and me. God's hope is that we live to realize God's magnificent ideal.
Faith is our trust in God. It is that we absolutely and completely trust God in everything. It is that we entirely and deeply embrace the Creator of all that is good and delightful.
How can God realize God's magnificent ideal? It is only through us, each of us, who are God's children. God did not create God's ideal for God Himself or Herself. God created God's Ideal for each of us. God wants us to be happy always and only and to experience joy and excitement in every second of our lives. Faith, my faith, your faith, is to believe in this Highest of Highest ideals, the ideal that God envisioned and created before God created us.
Faith in essence is that we trust that God loves us, that God loves me, that God loves you. When i look in the mirror, i see myself, a unique person loved by God. When i meet you, i meet another unique human being, loved by God, created to take part in God's supreme ideal, the world of love and harmony between all beings created.
How can we have faith in God, and how can we have faith that God loves me, that God loves you, that God loves everyone? This faith and trust in God is something that is deeply rooted in our hearts and entire being. It is something that each of us owns, was given as a great gift of love from God to us. Faith in that sense is God's offering to us. It is not something that we are capable of making ourselves. Faith in God is something that each person already carries in the heart.
So to find faith in God means to endeavor on a road of discovery deep into your own heart. Later in this seminar more technical details will be explained about building a foundation of faith. But always remember that the technicalities of acquiring faith in God, although necessary, are not the essence of faith. The essence of faith is already in your heart, was already given to you by God your Creator.
- Assignments are optional tasks that may help you to get a deeper grasp of the topic of this section of the seminar.
- Take time in prayer to analyze the condition of your own faith. Do you have faith in God, or is your faith lacking or possibly centered on a religion or on people rather than on God?
- Contemplate your past life and find out when were the times that you had deeper faith in God and when your faith was going down. Try to find the reasons for this.
- Spend some time in nature to become aware of the beauty and love that is in all of God's creation.
- Other articles on ERW that are related to the content of this section of the seminar.
What you should remember
- Our faith is firstly important to God
- Original faith always means faith in God
- Faith is that we embrace the Creator of all that is good and delightful
- God can realize God's magnificent ideal only through you and me
- God's supreme ideal is a world of love and harmony between all beings created
- Faith is not something we ourselves can make, because faith was given to each of us as a great gift of love
- Faith in God means to endeavor on a road of discovery deep into your own heart
- Seminar Faith to go to the other sections of this seminar.
This page in other languages
- You need to be logged into your Facebook account to post comments