Seminar Faith:The central figure of faith
- This is section 2 of the Seminar Faith. Comments or questions are appreciated. You can also write to John Eagles.
Some people think they're nothing... Some people think they're everything... Some people engage in chattering... And some people go for praying... But for God you're the real thing... You're the center, not right- and not left-wing... You're the head thing and the one that makes God sing...
The central figure of faith
From the viewpoint that you want to come closer to God, you always are the central figure of faith. I am a central figure of faith, you are a central figure of faith, everyone can be a central figure of faith.
You become a central figure of faith when you have commitment and determination to serve God and mankind and the desire to develop yourself as a child of God.
Of course, God also chooses central figures of faith who have a mission that goes beyond a personal one. Such central figures of faith can make a foundation of faith that helps many others to have deeper faith in God. God can choose a central figure of faith on the individual level, or on the family level, tribal level, national level, world level, cosmic level. When God wants you to be a central figure of faith on a larger level, your faith can make a foundation for many others to also have deeper faith in God.
Relationship to God
The central figure of faith is firstly responsible to develop a good relationship to God. This is done by fulfilling the tasks given by God and by offering to God the fulfillment of these tasks. Over time, a foundation is built by the central figure of faith. In case that a person is a central figure of faith for a bigger group of people, his or her foundation of faith also can serve to enhance the faith of many others. A central figure of faith can open new paths and elevate, for example, an entire nation to do more good and to be more inspired to do God's will.
Relationship to others
The central figure of faith is also responsible to pass on his or her faith to others. Faith that solely is a matter between God and one person cannot really be considered as original faith. God always wants that we pass on to others what we accomplished and received. God can give blessings based on a person's living in faith. These blessings are not just for the central figure of faith. These blessings are given to pass on to many others.
When a central figure of faith is chosen by God, there usually has been made a foundation for this by ancestors and predecessors. No person stands on the own foundation only. We always are the product of good internal investment made by others. A central figure of faith builds further on the foundation of faith that was made by ancestors and former central figures of faith.
A central figure of faith also lives together with other central figures of faith. Some of these other central figures of faith may have more central and more responsible missions. In these cases it is important that the central figure of faith unites with these other central figures of faith. Also when you are a central figure of faith responsible for a larger group, you need to unite with central figures of faith who are responsible for other or smaller groups.
A person may have developed faith in a particular way, related to his or her mission. For example, a person responsible in the religious field will develop a different type of faith than a person who is responsible in the scientific field. These central figures of faith can help each other to develop more inclusive faith by uniting with one another.
Inheriting from the faith in God that others have is an important task for each central figure of faith. Think from God's viewpoint. If God made much effort to teach something to one person and something else to another person, would God not expect that these two people shared with each other? And if God worked long and strenuously in history to instill faith in some individuals, would God not wish that people living later would inherit from the faith of their ancestors and precursors?
God always chooses new central figures of faith, but each new central figure of faith stands on the foundation of the faith of those who lived earlier, and even the faith of contemporaries. Faith is a magical quality. It belongs to you and yet you share it with others. Faith hovers through the cosmos and influences everyone. Your faith is never just 'your' faith. Your faith is always at least partly a gift that you received from others.
God the first central figure of faith
The first central figure of faith in the entire cosmos is God.
It is God's faith, God's trust in us, human beings, God's children, that moves everything. Therefore, faith cannot exist without us having a deep love relationship with God the Creator.
- Assignments are optional tasks that may help you to get a deeper grasp of the topic of this section of the seminar.
- There existed many central figures of faith in history. Choose one or more whom you like and study their lives. Try to find out what made them to central figures of faith.
- For your own life, try to discover when you were strong in faith and when weak, and pray to find what caused either one of these.
- Some people have strong faith and can attract and influence many people, but these people aren't centered on God and goodness. Make clear for yourself the similarities and differences between these people and real central figures of God.
- Other articles on ERW that are related to the content of this section of the seminar.
What you should remember
- You yourself are the central figure of faith
- Your commitment to serve God and mankind is what makes you a central figure of faith
- Some central figures of faith have a mission beyond the personal level
- Central figures of faith exist from individual, to tribal, national, world and cosmic levels
- The central figure of faith is firstly responsible to develop a good relationship to God
- The central figure of faith is also responsible to pass on his or her faith to others
- A central figure of faith builds further on the foundation of faith that was made by ancestors and former central figures of faith
- A central figure of faith needs to unite with contemporary central figures of faith who are responsible for other groups
- The first central figure of faith in the entire cosmos is God
- Seminar Faith to go to the other sections of this seminar.
- Seminar Faith:Introduction to go to the former section of this seminar.